Monday, October 20, 2008

Firsts


(Picture: Me trying to surf for my first time.) There is a first time for everything. Your first birthday, your first holidays, your first snowflake on your tongue, your first mud pie, your first trip to the mountains, beach, desert, etc. Your first time on a bike, your first time riding your bike without your mom/dad and training wheels, your first time on skis/snowboard, your first lift ride up that snowy mountain. You get my drift.

Firsts are always scary yet exhilarating. Not sure that first blogs on an actual blogging site are exhilarating, but it's kind of scary. I've written a few blogs on MySpace, and that's it. I write in my journal sometimes. But actual blogging for the sake of blogging I've never done. I mean, who wants to actually read what I have to write?

I have a friend that told me I should start jotting down my life stories and memories before I forget and maybe someday write a book. I think he's smoking crack, he says he's serious. We get together for coffee at random coffee shops and talk and talk and talk, and drink some coffee too. Sometimes he buys, sometimes I buy.

But I digress. He says I have some great stories and could potentially have an entertaining book. Moi? I'm not quite so sure, but he sure finds my life entertaining. So I've considered it. Maybe this blog is a jumping off point, a place to see if anyone really is interested in reading what I have to write.

I don't know. Sometimes I think I'm a decent writer, other times, not so much. I seem to only write decently well when the mood strikes me. Has the mood stricken me today? I cannot say. I only know I just got back from a gimpy bike ride to the coffee shop for the morning caffeine fix, and decided to start this. We will see what comes of it.

So meanwhile, I will start compiling my life's "adventures" here. Sometimes it may be memories sometimes it will be thoughts, sometimes it will be new experiences. Sometimes, probably most of the time, it will be mundane life shit that I just feel like putting on "paper".

So please, feel free to leave me your comments and thoughts as I try out this new venture.

Here's to firsts and what will come of them!

1 comment:

MarS VasqueZ said...

Welcome to blog world!! :D