Thursday, October 23, 2008

Guns, Shoot, Destroy

So, I've decided I enjoy destroying things from time to time. I have an aggressive streak in me (Note: I didn't say mean, although I have one of those too...) and from time to time feel the need to destroy things.

I have been feeling the urge to destroy for a couple of weeks, so I enlisted my cute friend Sage "The Redneck" to help me in my endeavor to destroy something.

Sage is a self proclaimed redneck. Although, other than being an avid hunter and fisher and into rock crawling in his truck, he has no redneck tendencies. I have acquaintances that are truly redneck. Sage is too nice, well mannered, and doesn't partake in alcohol nor tobacco consumption. So by that alone, he cannot be a true redneck.

So up to the East Canyon area to a gun range we headed. Me chomping at the bit to get shooting guns. (Like the redneck metaphors?) I just saw those big cases with guns in them, and I was super excited. I get to go play with guns. Shoot, destroy! Heh heh heh heh. (My best Beavis impersonation.)

Sage showed me how to use his guns, going for the 22 caliber one first, as it doesn't kick really at all, and would be easier to get a feel for. I really didn't do too shabby.

On a side note, it seems to be apparent from these pictures, that when I'm concentrating, I have to have my mouth open or be pulling a face. I'm trying to get the gun aimed, and it's really hard to see with the sun glaring in my eyes as it sets.




Sage then decided that I'm a big girl, as I actually hit the target with the smaller caliber gun, and that I was ready to move on to the 30 caliber rifle. That was a fun gun to shoot! It made a loud bang and it kicked. Even being the one shooting, when it went off, I jumped. I'm amazed with how much the gun kicked, that I even hit the target.


I think I was cackling like a crazy woman after shooting that gun. Shooting guns really got the endorphins going. I was so happy the rest of the night and into the next day after shooting those guns.

Who knew playing with guns was so much fun? Oh, I guess children do, since parents are supposed to keep their guns away from their children, but I didn't grow up with guns, so I never learned how fun they are to play with. I want to play with guns more!

Oh, and did I mention I hit the target? Well, I did. Every time!




Mine is on the left, Sage's is on the right. Had that one stray bullet to the left hit closer to the center, I would have done as well as Sage. And this was my FIRST time! Just goes to show "anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better than you..."

Next time, I want the target to be rigged to explosives. That would be AWESOME! Kaboom Days here I come!

No comments: